Janet and Michael had a gorgeous wedding at the historic Leo Carrillo Ranch full of tear-filled glances, heartfelt vows, cacti galore, endless love, and peacocks! My favorite part of the day had to be their emotional first look. Michael was misty just waiting for Janet, but the real waterworks started the second he laid eyes on his stunning bride. Groom crys are my absolute favorite. It’s moments like that – where the world falls away, they forget there’re cameras snapping their every move, and they get swept up in love, truly and deeply – those moments make being a photographer so special to me.
Janet & Michael, you two are the sweetest people, and deserve all the love and laughter for years to come!
As always, big thanks to my second shooter, Natalie Griffo.
Click to see full photo set ▶
I had such a great engagement shoot with Kelsey and David nestled in the Lower Doane Valley of Palomar Mountain. The gorgeous fall colors were in full effect. They brought along their two adorable Chows, Hops & Barley (soooo cuuute!), and we had so much fun romping in the meadow and exploring through the forest.
Can’t wait to photograph their wedding next year!
Click to see full photo set ▶
Since you all loved the last roundup so much, here’s 20 more dark and witchy lapel pins for your black leather jacket sure to steal your black heart.
1. Till Death Do Us Part by Frolik Studio // 2. Blackberry by Ashco Studio // 3. Reach for the Stars Hands by The Handy Studio // 4. Snake Oil by Outrider // 5. Cockroach by Wayne Jacket // 6. Cemetery Angle by Creepy Co. // 7. Sad Goddess by Where Is Jasper // 8. Bat by Darwin Designs // 9. Busted by Maker & Mineral // 10. The Bones by Nothing Pins // 11. Four Eyes Cat by Cousins Collective // 12. Moon Phase Coffin by Neon Bison // 13. Black Widow by Rebel City Pins // 14. Black Lips by Little Whip // 15. Dust by Beeteeth // 16. Heart Lolli by Tuesday Bassen // 17. Misery Is All the Rage by Life Club // 18. Glitter Crystal by Omnia // 19. Time Travel by Shrimp Sauce // 20. Yucca Valley by Sidewinder Co.
It’s been ages since I last shared a home tour. But now that I’ve finished up decorating around here for Halloween, I wanted to give a quick peek at our spooky living room.
Most of this stuff is up year-round, so I always find it difficult to do something different for Halloween. I spent the last couple weekends picking through estate sales, gathering up brass candle sticks and old books, brought out my bell jars, and incorporated various dried florals to give the hearth a witchy Victorian flair.
✳ Search estate sales, thrift stores, and flea markets for brass candle sticks and old books (the more tattered, the better).
✳ If you can’t find beautiful antique books, upcycle any old books, tea/coffee stain, and display the pages facing out.
✳ Unique dried fruits and veggies (like these artichokes) make for a spooky arrangement.
✳ Skip the tacky Dollar Tree halloween decor and browse the other aisles for creative accents (like these faux blood-red berries).
✳ Opt for ghostly green-grey pumpkins vs the standard orange ones for a more vintage look.
Steal This Look ▾
Hope this gives you a bit of inspo for your own decorating. Happy haunting!
Sorry this mix is dropping a bit late. But I hope this one helps get you through your Monday and carries you into your weekend Halloween plans. If you couldn’t guess by the cover art, it’s Stranger Things influenced. (I won’t even tell you to watch it, because at this point, if you haven’t already seen it, you’re way too late in the game – what are you even doing with your life?) Enjoy this strange synthy mix inspired by late night bike rides, fog in the forest, faceless monsters, and parallel universes.
Check out past year’s mixes: 2015 | 2014 | 2013
01. “The Arsonist” — Andre Obin
02. “Brainwasher” — Autolux
03. “Speaking Gently” — BadBadNotGood
04. “Eyes Without a Face” — Marsheaux
05. “Killing Spree” — Chromatics
06. “Black Magic” — Magic Wands
07. “Crystal Lake” — Teeel
08. “Dagger Only Run” — Sound of Ceres
09. “Hourglass” — S U R V I V E
10. “Fantasy” — Dye
11. “Cyanide” — Sins
12. “Night (Zola Jesus remix)” — John Carpenter
♫ LISTEN ON SPOTIFY