Since you all loved the last roundup so much, here’s 20 more dark and witchy lapel pins for your black leather jacket sure to steal your black heart.
1. Till Death Do Us Part by Frolik Studio // 2. Blackberry by Ashco Studio // 3. Reach for the Stars Hands by The Handy Studio // 4. Snake Oil by Outrider // 5. Cockroach by Wayne Jacket // 6. Cemetery Angle by Creepy Co. // 7. Sad Goddess by Where Is Jasper // 8. Bat by Darwin Designs // 9. Busted by Maker & Mineral // 10. The Bones by Nothing Pins // 11. Four Eyes Cat by Cousins Collective // 12. Moon Phase Coffin by Neon Bison // 13. Black Widow by Rebel City Pins // 14. Black Lips by Little Whip // 15. Dust by Beeteeth // 16. Heart Lolli by Tuesday Bassen // 17. Misery Is All the Rage by Life Club // 18. Glitter Crystal by Omnia // 19. Time Travel by Shrimp Sauce // 20. Yucca Valley by Sidewinder Co.
It’s been ages since I last shared a home tour. But now that I’ve finished up decorating around here for Halloween, I wanted to give a quick peek at our spooky living room.
Most of this stuff is up year-round, so I always find it difficult to do something different for Halloween. I spent the last couple weekends picking through estate sales, gathering up brass candle sticks and old books, brought out my bell jars, and incorporated various dried florals to give the hearth a witchy Victorian flair.
✳ Search estate sales, thrift stores, and flea markets for brass candle sticks and old books (the more tattered, the better).
✳ If you can’t find beautiful antique books, upcycle any old books, tea/coffee stain, and display the pages facing out.
✳ Unique dried fruits and veggies (like these artichokes) make for a spooky arrangement.
✳ Skip the tacky Dollar Tree halloween decor and browse the other aisles for creative accents (like these faux blood-red berries).
✳ Opt for ghostly green-grey pumpkins vs the standard orange ones for a more vintage look.
Steal This Look ▾
Hope this gives you a bit of inspo for your own decorating. Happy haunting!
Sorry this mix is dropping a bit late. But I hope this one helps get you through your Monday and carries you into your weekend Halloween plans. If you couldn’t guess by the cover art, it’s Stranger Things influenced. (I won’t even tell you to watch it, because at this point, if you haven’t already seen it, you’re way too late in the game – what are you even doing with your life?) Enjoy this strange synthy mix inspired by late night bike rides, fog in the forest, faceless monsters, and parallel universes.
Check out past year’s mixes: 2015 | 2014 | 2013
01. “The Arsonist” — Andre Obin
02. “Brainwasher” — Autolux
03. “Speaking Gently” — BadBadNotGood
04. “Eyes Without a Face” — Marsheaux
05. “Killing Spree” — Chromatics
06. “Black Magic” — Magic Wands
07. “Crystal Lake” — Teeel
08. “Dagger Only Run” — Sound of Ceres
09. “Hourglass” — S U R V I V E
10. “Fantasy” — Dye
11. “Cyanide” — Sins
12. “Night (Zola Jesus remix)” — John Carpenter
♫ LISTEN ON SPOTIFY
Forest and Sierra had one of the most beautiful vow renewals I’ve had the privilege of photographing. Five years ago, these two kids, madly in love, eloped without telling anyone (they have an adorable courthouse photo of the two of them with baby-faced smiles, Forest in jeans and Sierra in a denim skirt and flip-flops). Despite the odds, their marriage flourished and they were finally able to have the white wedding of their dreams. In just the small bit of time I’ve gotten to know this couple, I can tell they are truly meant for each other and nothing is going to stand in the way of their future together. Congrats Forest & Sierra! You both are incredible people and deserve many more years of love and happiness!
As always, big thanks to my second shooter, Natalie Griffo.
Click to see full photo set ▶
Sophia and Josh had a beautiful Southern California wedding at the Thursday Club in San Diego surrounded by ocean views and clear blue skies. My favorite part of the day had to be heading down to Sunset Cliffs for some magical shots right at golden hour. The rest of the night was spent dancing for hours on end, and their guests did not stop partying it up until the last call. I had so much fun with this gorgeous couple and I’m super excited to share these photos. Congrats Sophia & Josh!
As always, big thanks to my second shooter, Suzi Jacobs.
Click to see full photo set ▶