When Ernest and Elsie came to me wanting a more fashion editorial style session, I was so excited to bust out my studio lights for the first time in forever. It was super fun to do something a bit different than my usual natural-light-in-a-golden-field style engagements and get back to my strobe lighting roots.
Not only that, but having nothing but my subjects in front of me really helped up the intimacy. Without a forest or mountain overlook, the real focus became these two and their connection with each other. As it should be!
Click for full set ▶
Since you all loved the last roundup so much, here’s 20 more dark and witchy lapel pins for your black leather jacket sure to steal your black heart.
1. Till Death Do Us Part by Frolik Studio // 2. Blackberry by Ashco Studio // 3. Reach for the Stars Hands by The Handy Studio // 4. Snake Oil by Outrider // 5. Cockroach by Wayne Jacket // 6. Cemetery Angle by Creepy Co. // 7. Sad Goddess by Where Is Jasper // 8. Bat by Darwin Designs // 9. Busted by Maker & Mineral // 10. The Bones by Nothing Pins // 11. Four Eyes Cat by Cousins Collective // 12. Moon Phase Coffin by Neon Bison // 13. Black Widow by Rebel City Pins // 14. Black Lips by Little Whip // 15. Dust by Beeteeth // 16. Heart Lolli by Tuesday Bassen // 17. Misery Is All the Rage by Life Club // 18. Glitter Crystal by Omnia // 19. Time Travel by Shrimp Sauce // 20. Yucca Valley by Sidewinder Co.
It’s been ages since I last shared a home tour. But now that I’ve finished up decorating around here for Halloween, I wanted to give a quick peek at our spooky living room.
Most of this stuff is up year-round, so I always find it difficult to do something different for Halloween. I spent the last couple weekends picking through estate sales, gathering up brass candle sticks and old books, brought out my bell jars, and incorporated various dried florals to give the hearth a witchy Victorian flair.
✳︎ Search estate sales, thrift stores, and flea markets for brass candle sticks and old books (the more tattered, the better).
✳︎ If you can’t find beautiful antique books, upcycle any old books, tea/coffee stain, and display the pages facing out.
✳︎ Unique dried fruits and veggies (like these artichokes) make for a spooky arrangement.
✳︎ Skip the tacky Dollar Tree halloween decor and browse other aisles for creative accents (like these blood-red berries).
✳︎ Opt for ghostly green-grey pumpkins vs the standard orange ones for a more vintage look.
Steal This Look ▾
Hope this gives you a bit of inspo for your own decorating. Happy haunting!
Sorry this mix is dropping a bit late. But I hope this one helps get you through your Monday and carries you into your weekend Halloween plans. If you couldn’t guess by the cover art, it’s Stranger Things influenced. (I won’t even tell you to watch it, because at this point, if you haven’t already seen it, you’re way too late in the game – what are you even doing with your life?) Enjoy this strange synthy mix inspired by late night bike rides, fog in the forest, faceless monsters, and parallel universes.
Check out past year’s mixes: 2015 | 2014 | 2013
01. “The Arsonist” — Andre Obin
02. “Brainwasher” — Autolux
03. “Speaking Gently” — BadBadNotGood
04. “Eyes Without a Face” — Marsheaux
05. “Killing Spree” — Chromatics
06. “Black Magic” — Magic Wands
07. “Crystal Lake” — Teeel
08. “Dagger Only Run” — Sound of Ceres
09. “Hourglass” — S U R V I V E
10. “Fantasy” — Dye
11. “Cyanide” — Sins
12. “Night (Zola Jesus remix)” — John Carpenter
♫ LISTEN ON SPOTIFY
On Edge Slit Midi Dress c/o Tobi
More pieces courtesy of Tobi! I’m always afraid of picking bodycon dresses from online stores that I know don’t cater to curvy figures. It’s usually a gamble knowing it won’t look anything like it does on the model once I’m done filling it out. But in the case of this dress, I’m pleasantly surprised at the fit. Hello hourglass curves! I’m getting Morticia Addams at cocktail hour vibes from this one. Just me?
Dress: Tobi // Hat: Forever 21 // Heels: Audrey Brooke // Sunglasses: Moorea Seal
Steal This Look ▾
Drop In Oversized Tee c/o Tobi
I am OBSESSED with this oversized tee. The first time I wore it, a woman grabbed me and insisted I trade clothes with her right there on the street, haha. Since then, it never fails to catch a handful of compliments while I’m out. Funny how something so simple can make such a statement. Since the fabric is ultra light and sheer, I dressed up the underside with high waisted black shorts and a strappy lace longline bralette. And of course for optimal witchy vibes, I have to wear my signature hat and moon necklace. ;)
Oversized Tee: Tobi // Hat: Forever 21 // Booties: Report
Steal This Look ▾
Shop more pieces from Tobi at tobi.com and take advantage of their awesome details. For your first order, you’ll get 50% off.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post provided by Tobi, but all opinions are my own – I really do love their clothes. ;)